Oh the joys of being done! I am back to working full time with the Grade 6&7 youth for the summer so it isn't like my life had suddenly got less busy. But at least with work there are not a set of final exams that need to be completed! I almost blew it! I had three exams this semester. Finish all three and I would be done with my Bachelor of Human Kinetics degree. I did my first English exam on a Thursday and my next exam was to be on Monday. Well, somewhere between Saturday and Monday, I got my days confused. Monday I madly cleaned the house before my wife came home with the kids from visiting Grandma and Grandpa. Tuesday, I was trying to get my last essay done before the exam but was struggling with a block of some sort. (Most likely, it was the "I don't want to do this" block.) So I e-mailed the professor to ask for an extra day or two. He said that would be fine and asked if I knew that I had missed the exam. I looked at my calendar and my stomach dropped to my toes. On the plus side, it helped me to realize my last exam was the very next day, not two days away!
Last year I missed an exam when my wife was suffering with a kidney stone. In order to rewrite that exam, I had to jump through a fair number of hoops, including providing evidence that my wife was in the hospital. There was paperwork and I was signing stuff. Pretty intense. I started to sweat. This time I was just stupid. I had no way of documenting that! But the professor was very gracious. He allowed me to write my exam the next day (two exams in one day wasn't too bad), and it is now "all systems go" for my graduation. As the day and time of my commencement nears, I will try to pass along some more info. I realize most (if not all) of you have lives and likely have busy days, but I do think that UBC has a video feed of the commencement available on the internet. I'll try to find the link.
Monday, May 7
Fun With School
Posted by The Krahnicles at 2:03 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yay for you! i can only imagine what that would have felt like to find out about the exam.
are you done done, or are you going back for one more year to become a teacher?
The plan is still to do the teaching thing. I have applied at UBC for this coming fall. In June or July is when I find out if I am in or not.
Post a Comment