CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 1

Pain in the Neck

Good day good people! It is a beautiful day here in the Lower Mainland: sunny and warm. I just wish I was feeling a little better so I could enjoy it more. Today I get to go to a high school with my fellow youth workers and serve hot dogs for about 1000 kids. It is their talent festival, where the kids provide the entertainment, and it is outdoors. Sweet right? And then in the evening it is the regular gym night with the youth that I work with. Seeing as it is the last gym night of the year, we are doing some special things including an outdoor field option.

But with all of this fun stuff, I am feeling kind of miserable. For the past 10 days or so I have had a stiff and painful neck and head. I have been popping Tylenol and Advil and muscle relaxants and stronger anti-inflammatory medicine and seen a physiotherapist and iced and heated and nothing has seemed to make things better. For some reason (and I cannot remember a moment where my neck started hurting) a muscle in my neck (and only the left side) has become inflamed or seized and in the process it has been squeezin
g a nerve that runs up the back of my head. It has been such a pain! I have had to take some days off of work and cannot help as much around the house...and well, I was kind of hoping that it would be better by now!

In happier news, the older girls have started using "big kid" bikes. It is something that they seem to really enjoy. The challenge is finding them space to ride where we can keep an eye on them! Man, they grow up quickly. Yes, that is a HUGE cliche and I am pretty sure I cannot defend it in any way or fashion so I will end this here.

Have a happy day and a swell week!

The Krahnicles

4 comments:

Paul Cooley said...

Big kid bikes? Already? Wow, it was just yesterday you were at the hospital with twins in arm... :-)

villagegirl said...

Cute! Ethan LOVES riding his bike as well! We'll have to get them together and let them rip around for a bit.

villagegirl said...

P.S. Sorry about your neck! There's nothing so irritating as a pain in the neck. Hope it goes away soon.

jupo said...

crazy!! they're riding big kid bikes already! wow....


i love your girls.